Thursday, May 23, 2013

A respectful mom :)

Doing the charity, my sis and I returned to our Alma mater-Fatima Convent School. It was Sport day. Not even stepped into the compound, I could feel the atmosphere bustling with enjoyment and merriment. Headed to the school field, oh God! Flooding the school field and around the classes were the children and their parents-some were grandpa and/or grandma. What a warm scene it was! The adult were busy capturing the sweet, naive look of their children while the children quite obediently lined up in an 'S' shape with hand holding their partners, swung here and there. Suddenly, I thought of myself-they are the mirror of mine, aren't they?

It was a sultry four thirty, yet the sky seemed a little gloomy, ridiculous right? One thing can be proved: The Earth is changing! Anyway, it is out of my topic for today, forget about it first. What I want to share is the amazing mother I ever met!

Her daughter was crying, non-stop. Four of us-Teacher Pang, her assistant, my sis and I, found all ways we could to comfort her, but in vain. She kept on crying, with her small little finger rubbing her lower lip. I don't know why she did it, maybe she uses to it? Squatting down, my eyes could lastly keep in parallel with hers. Both her eyes fulled with tears, I think she couldn't even scan my face clearly, it's okay anyway :S What made me shock was her lip. Ya, because of friction, I could see blood squeeze out from her lower part lip. Pity girl, what's wrong to you? Worry about the games? Feel unprotected? Insecure? Empty, don't know what to do next. All I could do was patting her shoulders, with rhythmic! :P

Games started! The kids were getting more excited and energetic. The first game was "Happy Hour". Unluckily, she involved in it. What to do? Just to carry on! Still crying she was. Teacher Pang "sacrificed" to assist her all the way round, not fair but no choice?! And so, she received her first present.

The games continued with other classes. Teacher Pang's class-four blue could take a rest under a prepared tent. A 15-min later, a remarkable scene started to broadcast live! Her mom, quite a pretty one definitely, with a casual look yet couldn't cover her elegance. She was speaking to the little girl, to be precise, SCOLDING! She was so loud that I could hear every single word clearly. Sitting and playing with other kids on the mat under the tent, eavesdropped quietly :P From her scolding, I knew that she is a highly educated woman.

“我来这里,就是要看你玩,要你学习。你哭没用的。。”

Afterwards was lines with threatening words but for good purpose one.

The most remarkable scene was to be continued...

There was another game for Four Blue kids. Something like hopping and jumping. No vacancy for her as she did not involve in the game at all. However, her mom insisted on getting her one. Teacher Pang had no deal with her, replaced a little boy with her kid. Innocent expression covered his entire little face, oh pity oh! Offered him my hug, luckily he accepted.

Advertisement slot ended----------------------------------------------

The little girl was waiting for her turn. Her mom was just beside her, gave her strength. You know what she said to her child?

"Girl, 你要加油,知道吗!妈咪一直会被在你身边,支持你!
你一定要证明给妈咪看,你是最强的!
告诉你自己,你行的!
Girl, 不要害怕跌倒,你很勇敢的,对吗!
跌倒了,一定要站起来,再继续跑,懂吗!”

Okay, I could only gaze at her intently, luckily not with mouth opened. Respect, Salute, Admire!!! Her way of teaching her kids can use one word to describe--maturity! Her every word was so firm and sounded like it is already a fact! 

Eventually, the girl played the game until the finishing line although she fell down sometimes. And, she received her second present. I could see the satisfaction and joyfulness deep in her mom's eyes. The last line I could hear before I brought other kids to the tent again. "Girl, only this prize belongs to you, but not the first one, 明白吗?好,let's go to find Teacher Pang." The words suddenly stroke me a chord.


                       Education has to be molded depends on the kid himself.

PS: Just my point of view.

1 comment:

  1. awesome entry! love it. although have a bit of chinese language. i just read it. hehe

    ReplyDelete